View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 11:51 AM
mrs. fitz

Two weeks ago on vacation in Vermont I discovered two way-above-average quilt/fabric shops. It would have been rude not to pull into their driveways, wouldn't it, so I gave each a good checking out. And HAD to buy a souveneir in each also. The first, WATERWHEEL HOUSE QUILT SHOP (Route 100, Londenderry VT) had some new fabrics priced at $11 and $11.25/yard. Beautiful fabrics, things I'd never seen before. It was a quick stop so didn't explore too much and don't know how prices were in general. A few days later I passed QUILTED TREASURES (Route 11, Chester VT), also a very worthwhile stop. Rooms and rooms of fabric. Again it was quick and I purchased some cheater panels and things I saw on display, no yardage, so don't know how the prices were.

A third quilt shop visit was to old standby NORTON HOUSE in Wilmington, VT, still a good place for a quilter.

Looks like prices are indeed going up so like everyone else, unless it's a special purchase like a vacation take-home, I'll be much more careful with my $.