Thread: My first!
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 04:35 PM
deema

Thanks everyone! I was really intimidated before I started...but also really excited. While I won't say this was easy, it certainly wasn't as hard as I was expecting it to be! I've sewn a few baby blankets that I now know are really basic quilts (basically two pieces of material sewn together inside out and flipped *lol*), so this one was a much bigger project for me, and I'm please with how it's going so far...now for the actual quilting! I'm still super intimidated when I look through all of the pics here, though!

Originally Posted by MiniCC
You should be proud of yourself - Smaller things lead to bigger things....what's next ??? :)
This one is a throw for the couch (to replace the super ugly fleece that's just hanging out there...maybe I'll use it as my batting to get rid of it, it might be just the right size! ;) ) and I think my next project will be for my 5yo daughter's bed. I bought material to do a blanket for her ages ago and was planning to do my previous super basic quilt with it...I think I'll be a bit more creative with it now, but I'll have to be careful because it's pretty stretchy.