View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
I am asking everyone on the board to send positive thoughts towards the people being disrupted by the wildfire burning near Boulder, Colorado. More than 3,500 residents have been evacuated with more to be evacuated tonight or tomorrow. It has burned 64 structures (mostly homes) and has burned over 7,300 acres and is at 0% containment at this time. (4:30 pm MT) Nine of the firefighters fighting this fire have lost their own homes. Some firefighters have gone more than 36 hours without sleep. The smoke can be seen for over 100 miles and is causing misery to those with upper respiratory issues. Soot is falling like snow miles away from this fire. It is a very bad situation. Thank you.
So glad you posted this here. My DD told me today that the air quality is affected even as far south as Colorado Springs . She's a doctor and asthmatic. An old beau was a National Park Service Hot Shot fire fighter and it hurts us both to think of the situation these firefighters find themselves in. The news seems to never give us really enough detailed information. What a horrible nightmare for all concerned!
Jan in VA