Thread: Batting
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 04:53 AM
Candela59

Originally Posted by ckcowl
you should buy every batting you come across and try them all! i cut a little 6" square from my battings and document the name of it, any characteristics, its laundering instructions, price, where it came from...i have about 60 swatches now.after i use it i also add anything about that...if i hated it, if i loved it...whatever...that way i can check if i'm seeing one on sale and i don't remember if i've used it i can check my little book, and if i hated it i can see that too...and i will tell you, batting is as personal a choice as anything else...there is one batting on the market that i have heard lots of quilters rave about and me? I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!! so, i would not tell you which one you should get. i will tell you this, you should always purchase the best quality you can afford. The warm company has very good products as does the dream batting. my absolute fave's are..warm & natural; dream poly; dream wool; dream cotton; dream bamboo; hobbs supreme heirloom. i'm not going to say the ones i hate...some people love them...and some probably hate some of my faves.
That's just a great idea about the batting swatches. Do you mind if I steal it from you?

I've really only used the Warm & Natural myself but have been thinking about trying some others. I love to read other quilter's comments good/bad about products. I think it really helps.

Even negative comments are helpful. Maybe you dislike a particular quality about a (thickness, thinness, weight) batting that I do and it would help me make a more educated choice. You don't have to slam a product to point out it qualities. Variety is the spice of life!

Thanks again for the great tip on the batting!