Old 09-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Bubblegum0077

Walmart has adhesive spray and I would like to find out if anyone has used these two products. Your input please.

Elmers Craft Bond Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive.
11 ounce can $5.97

Scotch Super 77 Multi-Purpose Adhesive.
10.75 ounce can $8.97

As you can see, these products are far cheaper than the 505 which I cannot find locally. I stated earlier that I found a company which sells a good size can for about $13 but the shipping is $10+. How crazy is that? And I can't always buy more than one can at a time to save on shipping.

I used the Dritz spray adhesive and was really pleased with the results. It has held together very well and I am able to maneuver the entire quilt under the throat of my machine and the layers are staying put. I purchased the Dritz at JA for $11 with coupon. No gum on the machine and easy to clean up with soap and water. I had to iron to activate the bonding process, but hey, that's ok for me. No fumes whatsoever.

I know nothing replaces a great product, but there are others out there that work just as well or close to the best and are easier on the pocketbook. I have to cut corners but won't use a product if it damages my machine or will become more of a headache to use than it's worth. Just trying to stretch my dollar if I can.

Has anyone used the two products listed above?