Old 09-08-2010, 08:02 AM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by catmcclure
Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Yes, I really did design a 7-SIDED KALEIDOSCOPE BLOCK!!! I remember that day in Dec. when I did lots of circles, angles, patterns and when I laid it out, I couldn't get the 8th wedge in!!! Oh no....that means either two darks or two lights come together in the block. I continued anyway. I tore pages out of a phone book, drew my patterns, strip pieced the wedge, laid the pattern on top, cut it out adding 1/4" around, and voila....7 sides instead of 8! Must've grabbed the wrong pattern!! haha. What do we do now????? What was I thinking???? I now have an odd quilt. I just laid the blocks out all sewn together except the bottom left is just laid out for now. We'll make the best of it!! We can turn it around!! I hope. Thanks for looking at my K block gone bad! :oops: :oops: :roll:
If you add strips of white, black, or red to "square up" each block you would get a really neat septagon - star - diamond as in this diagram.
Thank you so much, catmcclure, for this wonderful diagram depicting the images together!! What a help this is!! I had envisioned doing strips of black bands around each one to highlight their shapes and then scraps of many colors after that to square it up and join the blocks that way. Now that you've shown me what it will look like, I will proceed this way. There's no way I want to applique all those on individual squares so this is the perfect solution and I think I'll be able to pull this one off color-wise and definitely block-wise!! Wish I had one of the EQ series, but I could've drawn this in MS Paints or used CorelDraw. Oh, gosh, this is just fabulous! I can picture the outcome better now and it may not be so odd after all. Kudos!!!

:D :D :thumbup: