Old 08-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Barbm

I use the spray and pins too. Overkill maybe? I also learned about putting something underneath- dining room table and counter have been the recipients of the overspray and I always forget until I do it again.

I open up the room since I don't like smells and I have asthmatics in the house. I also slide my self healing cutting mat under so I don't scratch whatever surface is underneath. Sometimes I pin them on the carpet in the living room. The over spray seems to vacuum up after a bit.

Tonight I'm going to sandwich a quilt on the deck. It's an oversized queen (it could be a king, but I don't remember the size, since it's a UFO)and I want it real flat. It's the only place to do it. The last one I draped over my bed and pinned in quarters. Surprisingly I didn't get any bunching. I think I must have said enough prayers before that one since I was on a real time crunch to finish it.

I like the way it holds everything in place and I can pin it knowing it won't move. Maybe I could experiment and not use pins???? I don't know if my heart could handle it. :)

barb