Old 09-08-2010, 09:21 AM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by Virginia
Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
I was brave. I told myself these ink marks will come out with hair spray. Yes, I really badly wanted to mark my quilt with an ink pen for precise quilting! It soaked for 2 days in ammonia, scrubbed with tooth brushes endlessly and sprayed with the cheapest grade of hair spray (that works the best) and still there are INK PEN MARKS ON MY QUILT!!! yikes. :oops: I've scrubbed with everything and think I have actually set the ink in for good. :? :oops: I'll wash it 100 times and it'll be gone! ;) :cry:
Sorry about your quilt. Seems to me that the ink has concentrated in the batting. I'm sure eventually it will wash out (unless you used a permanent marker). If you want the marking to wash out, and want to use ink try a PILOT G-2 07. It washes out immediately has a very fine point and can be purchased in different colors. Don't ever use a Pigma MICRON, it never washes out.
Thank you for the tip on the Pilot pen!! I love those pens. I knew there were some out there that I could use. I did not use a permanent marker. It was a Pentel RSVP purple ink pen. I only use the Pigmas for permanent art. Thank you so much, Virginia, I'll try that. I love Sharpie's fine point pens too but won't dare try that. lol. :D :D