View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Rosyhf

Longarm Quilters. Do you have any special tips to share?

Here is my Mrs Farmer mounted on the Longarm, ready to quilt now. When I mount a quilt, I first pin the bottom of the top on and roll up the rest of the quilt top, leaving enough to pin later.

Then I pin the bottom of the backing on the second roller and roll that up leaving enough for the back roller.
Then I pin the top of the lining to the back roller and roll it to just right lol.

I then foat the batting on top of the backing, put the machine on horizontal lock and run a seam, attaching the batting to the backing.

I then float the top to the batting, using the seam I just ran as a guide to keep the top straight.

I roll everything up snug and run a seam down the right side and one down the left side.

Now the quilt is locked between the seams, and the rollers in a perfect square. Any exta that pops up in the middle of the quilt because of (there are many reasons) has to be eased in between the locked area. I put the clamps on the sides and almost always have to go back and loosen them. The clamps should just hold the sides not pull them out of shape.

What are you tips or how do you do yours.....
Attached Thumbnails attachment-113744.jpe