Thread: Kona Cotton
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 03:51 PM
JanP

Re the reviews of Kona at Joann's website: Of the eight reviews, all were extremely positive except these two. I eliminated the names.

Would not buy again!
Reviewed 03/20/2010

I made the mistake of buying this fabric at JoAnn instead of my local quilt shop- I won't make the mistake again! This is NOT the same Kona you get from Kaufman- not now, not ever! The drape is fine, until it is washed and used a few times, then it is as cheap and flimsy feeling as much cheaper fabric- and fades, too. The stores will never have the amazing color selection, because it is not the same fabric- just the same price! Don't be fooled!

Reviewed 04/08/2009

I agree that this IS not the same base (greige goods) fabric as the Kona sold to Quilting shops. It seems to have a lower thread count than the Kona I've bought from Kaufman before. I ran out of a color that had been purchased at a quilt shop, and bought more at JoAnn thinking it would match. The color was good, but the fabric is thinner - with a lower thread count! I won't be purchasing from JoAnn again! There are many other places to purchase the real thing, in all the 100+ colors availale online! Shame on Kaufman for putting their name and brand on something that really isn't the same product!