Old 09-08-2010, 04:46 PM
quilt addict

All, we have a very quiet group. As I have some time tonight thought I would tell you a bit about myself as introduction while I am on supper break. This is my first time to participate in anything like this.

I am single (divorced many years) Mom to 3 felines. No 2 legged children. I also love dogs but with my work and travel schedule have been without for a couple of years since I lost my dear Truffles to cancer. But to sewing/quilting. I learned to sew as a young girl in 4H and from my Mom. She took up quilting when her nest emptied. I tried my first block with her while back visiting for Christmas probably 20 years ago. I have made a varity of quilts, mostly as gifts over the years. I love fabric and have way to much of it. I am currently working on my first applique project that was supposed to be finished a couple of years ago as a challange with my Mom and sister. They both have their tops done. I'm still doing blocks. I also started collecting vintage and antique sewing machines lately. So some of yours borders may be sewn with a treadle if I can get the hang of it.

I am the librarian for the Sunshine Quilters of San Diego guild. I enjoy the people there and have a small group that meets to hand quilt every month.

Besides that I work my regular job, am in the Navy Reserves and active in my church leading a small group and service leader ministry.

I am really looking forward to seeing the beautiful work you do and hopefully I can contribute to your quilts also.