View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 05:15 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by thismomquilts
Ok... over the past year I have been home again with your two youngest. We've had a rough year and I knew I'd need to work somehow, but really feel it's time for me to stay home. I was going to sub again this year in a private school where I taught about 15 years ago. Then two parents asked me to tutor/teach their children along with mine. Not as good of an income as subbing but it's steady and it's income we can count on. PLUS, it allows me to be home. I can still sew because the children are all old enough to do alot of their work on their own after I show them how. I am getting the embroidery machine in two weeks and am hoping that will bring in more requests also. I am looking to get my business license but need a name - can you all help? A cousin of mine who just began selling quilts suggested Candy Corn Quilts - as it brings to mind fall, smells, colors and she figured the colors would be great. I agree but I live in FL where there is no fall. Yes, I can do this on Etsy but... I'll need to be local too. I live about five miles from the ocean, I love fall, I want this to include quilting, embroidery, and other sewing items. I thought about a name with gifts in it... then I can be varied. Handmade Gifts and then have the three words Quilting * Embroidery * Sewing underneath?Something like that - any suggestions?
Custom Made Gifts, with the three words underneath. Handmade isn't as "honorable" today as it once was, but 'custom made' implies a certain amount of skill and professionalism. Just my two cents. :D