View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 08:51 PM
ArtisticDesign

Hi everyone (smile)

page 72! Wow,is there any mommys left?(lower lip quiver) lol..I am very much a newbie..I just joined a few mins ago and came straight to this thread lol...
Background - I am a hairstylist+ self taught Muralist/Custom faux finisher...I am in the process of finishing my first 9 patch quilt(with some help from a book and pointers from my cousin)..I am having one heck of a time with the actual quilting part(grrr)..However, I am stubborn and wont give up=tunnel vision lol..
I always bite off more than I can chew (my first quilt albeit a 9 patch is between twin and full size) I spent way too much on materials for the first quilt as well lol..
The artist in my is strongly attracted to curves/circles/ as opposed to squares etc (repeating>> walk before you run lol)I like the unusual opposed to the traditional..looove color.. I am not a purist at all..If it's durable,I'll use it lol...I have boarders and mitered corners down pretty good..But, am at a loss as to which way to go with choosing further learning methods that are easiest/effective (youtubed till I'm crosseyed) who makes the best templets/method ie: kaye wood etc..Paper piecing? So much to learn
Do I sound like anyones kid out there? lol

(pause)..... Did I mention that I talk alot?...Thanks guys, excellent thread