View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 06:43 AM
natalieg

My DH totally is an enabler when it comes to my hobbies! When it was cross stitch, he had me buy every thread that DMC made so that I would never have to wait to get that one color-I should already have it! With quilting, a little more impossible, but when I started, he went all out with it! He insisted that I buy a good machine (Brother 1500) because I liked it-I did and love it! I am down to 9 machines now because I just had too many-the most recent one, he told me to buy too! I just bought an oak sewing cabinet with his graces and he insisted that since it was bigger than my other cabinet that it should stay upstairs (where I have to sew more) and the other one in the sewing room downstairs! When he decided that I should do machine quilting he took me to look at a frame and I said, "No, I don't think so right now", he wrote the check anyway (from money he made from ebay!) He also graciously let me buy a GO! when I decided it was time!!! And plenty of dies!
Of course, all is fair, I support his hobbies too-and his, like mine, are not cheap! He went to work yesterday and I gave him a check and told him he should get his gun out of layaway and buy some new bullets for it. And, of course, he had to add to it-but I don't really mind!
And, I am going on a fabric shopping spree soon online to hit some of the good sales!
He is a keeper!