View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 07:19 AM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I'm very fortunate to have a hubby that loves what I do. He teases me in jest that one day he'll find me in an avalanche of fabric yelling for help.. lol

We re-did the old existing sewing room as it was my late mother-in-laws sewing room. I picked up quilting shortly after she passed away. I often think shes my lil angel whispering ideas in my head.lol....I bet in heaven shes still quilting up a storm... !! Now mind you, Ive never sewed a button on before let alone run a sewing machine. But I woke up one morning and decided I wanted to make a quilt. So there I was 4 in the morning asking permission from hubby to use his moms things.. He thought I was crazy given the time of day, but told me to go have fun. That was almost two years ago. My dSIL, was mad, mad, mad that I was using her mothers stuff, it was no secret however, (even most of moms sisters thought it was great and how mom would of loved to teach me) she decided to put an end to it. She came storming in and stripped the room completely clean, removed wood shelving on the walls and everything. She took it all..Good news tho, was it was a clean slate to make this once guest room/sewing room into, my home inside my home- now aka "Moms Quilt maker room" as my lil girl calls it today..lol .. Whoo Hoo ! Hubby went to work and made me my desk, my ironing tables- have 3 of them lol! He made me A nice sized 30x 50 cutting table and found three bookcases for my fabric bolts & stash on three of the walls.. It was an expensive month as I had nothing- no machine-no fabric-no notions...and yet there were no complaints from him.. When we travel he make detours so that I can hit fabric stores along the way.. When I come out empty handed, which very rarely happens, hes disappointed and sys well maybe the next one you'll find something..Last year he surprised me with a GO! for my birthday with tons of dies.. I think to date hes gotten me all but a handful for birthdays & holiday gifts.

I love my room, I love that he loves that I love my room.. I often hide in there, not for any reason other than Ive got a quilt idea in my head and I wanna get it going. No complaints on the days when I forgot all about making dinner.. He waits patiently till I emerge.. We have our cuddle time in the eves, watching recorded shows but when they are over I head back in my room.. He smiles and tells me... "Mom would be so proud !"