View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 05:23 AM
tlrnhi

I have an old Singer Touch N Sew. I keep saying I'm going to take it out of the cabinet and clean it to see if it will still work. Love that old machine! I now have my Kenmore Ergo 3/embroidery. If anything happens to it, I literally cry. Can't be without it for more than 24 hours. I do have my backup tho. It's a Kenmore, don't know the model, but it sits patiently in the closet in it's cute bag waiting for me. I should take it out so it knows I still love it.
On my Ergo, I have about 100 stitches, haven't used them all. Embroidery function...love that.
Needle up/down. Makes it where the needle will stay up when sewing/stopping or down when sewing/stopping. It has a speed control, but I always keep it on fast. I like going fast! :)
Automatic threader...but it doesn't want to work all the time now. Thanks to a certain little furry girl.
I can either use the foot pedal OR use the button to make machine go. I have about 50 feet that came with it. Haven't used but maybe 3? Somewhere in the holder I have for them is a Stitch in the Ditch foot. Need to find that one.
I would love it if it had a deeper throat on it. Would make life a bit simpler, but I make it thru.

Karla...why not just go machine hopping to try out what is out there? I'm sure you'll find the one you want. Between inspirations here and looking/trying the machines, I know you will find your perfect one. Then the one you have now will be your backup.