View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Robinlee

I too, have a DH, but he stills has his moments. At the moment I am lucky enough that he is gone during the week, so I can quilt/sew as much as I like. That way when he is home on the weekends, we spend time together doing other stuff. So it's been working.
Now, as of this past Saturday, the house has sold, so we've been looking for a "our" new house with a quilting room, but to also include a garage with a small shop area.
He really doesn't have a hobby, but I am working on that. He was married to his late wife for 29 years, and she did some crocket and cross-stitch. But these were things that she could sit in the livingroom while he watches TV. I can't just sit and watch TV, so I go down to my room and design and create quilts and clothes. And my room also includes a TV, VCR and DVD. So on occassion he'll join me while I sew.
He likes the results, special when I make him a new western shirt. So there is always room for some give and take. We've been married 3 years now and I think he has started thinkin about making sure the new house has that special room........or it would be a disaster in the dining or livingroom and possibly the garage. Anyway as life goes on, I still have time for some training...............