View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Janetlmt

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
As some of you know, I can not afford to shop at LQS. I mostly shop at Joann for my fabirc needs.
I have been to a few LQS and bought less then 10.00 worth maybe FQ or 1/2 yard of clearance things.

Well
That all ends the weekend maybe lol
My husband has said I can spend 40-50$ at a LQS in Hershey when we go this weekend. I am all excited.
That is untill I did the math and if there is nothing good in the clearance (or low selcection) I can only buy around 4-5 yards if they are priced around 10$ a yard.

The thought of taking my 40$ and running to the nearst Joann has crossed my mind several times lol. (Picture disabled woman with a fist full of dollars waddleing down the street searching for Joann :mrgreen: )

Okay but I am GOING to spend that money in a local shop, thats what I keep telling myself anyways lol.
Now I just need to know what can I do with so little yardage.
I dont want to get there and not have a plan and spend unwisely.
I am counting on 4 yards of material anything extra will be bonus.

Can you guys think of any quilt pattern for that amount?
I know I can always do a small quilt for that much but the smallest I like to do is 50x50 or bed size or they dont get used.

So any help? (before I find Joann's hehe)

edit: forgot to add I plan on buying the backing later at my LQS
May I make a suggestion...
If you are going to Hershey..drive the extra 22 miles and go to Martins Fabrics in Meyerstown. They have the most beautiful Marcus Brothers fabrics on their flat fold table for 3.25 a yard. I was there on two occassions in the past month and you would not believe the fabric that I got for a scrap quilt I am making. You can purchase 1/2 yards.
Hope this helps..I have a pattern that would be great. I made it in 4 days! Scraps quilts have never been my love..but..I started to like them more and more.
Peace and Blessings