View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 01:03 PM
AbbyQuilts

Originally Posted by Janetlmt

May I make a suggestion...
If you are going to Hershey..drive the extra 22 miles and go to Martins Fabrics in Meyerstown. They have the most beautiful Marcus Brothers fabrics on their flat fold table for 3.25 a yard. I was there on two occassions in the past month and you would not believe the fabric that I got for a scrap quilt I am making. You can purchase 1/2 yards.
Hope this helps..I have a pattern that would be great. I made it in 4 days! Scraps quilts have never been my love..but..I started to like them more and more.
Peace and Blessings
Ohh that sounds like my kind of place!
But I am unable to drive. and Hubby has to work at the convention :(
Maybe another time when he doesn't have to work and we are going through there.

Originally Posted by raptureready
Spend it on hundreds of things in your mind--then get down to reality. What is it that you truly need? Fabric? Blades? an new mat? Batting? Backing? (personally unless a quilt is something OUTSTANDING I hate spending much on the backing) Patterns? Books? Rulers? Thread? new Scissors? Make a list of the Could Buys, then cross off everything but the Want To Buys. From that list cross off everything but the Need to Buys and then go from there. This is what I do and it works for me. I take my list and my money, keep the list in my purse and get what I want when I get there. LOL

I dont really need anything but fabric.
I have some blades, 1 cutter a few rulers and 2 mats. I have a bolt of batting my husband got me for my anniversary.

So fabric it is.
I shop where I can. Although I could take my money that I spend at Joann and save it up to shop at a LQS then I would be doing a few quilts a year.
Nothing wrong with that but I like making things and when you are stuck at home it is important to have things to do.

So with this lqs fabric I want to make a nice quilt. so I am just going to have to see what their prices are and if I can find anything for a bargain.