View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 01:26 PM
raptureready

Several years ago my step son and his then wife came for Thanksgiving dinner. Just as we were about to eat I came down with a bad case of flu or something. I excused myself, asked them to please put the food away and do the dishes when they were done eating. 2 hours later I got up, put the food away, cleared the table and asked them to please do the dishes. 2 hours later I got out of bed again, put the food back in the fridge, cleared the table and asked them to please do the dishes. They spent the night. Breakfast left more dirty dishes, lunch did too. Then all of a sudden right after lunch they got ready to leave. I flat told them that no one was leaving until the dishes were done. The DIL finally did the dishes. She also added a little bit of cooking oil to the water so that everything was covered with a fine film of oil. I told them they were welcome to come back for Christmas dinner. I was serving chips and bologna sandwiches on paper plates and Heaven help the first person that dirtied any dish. She never ate another meal in my home. I only use disposable things now no matter who's here.