View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Blackberry

Originally Posted by sharon b
I have that machine and LOVE it :lol: I have several Brother machines and seem to have good luck with them. I think the needle up and down feature and mine also came with a lot of "extras", the walking foot and guide (?), zipper foot, blind stitch foot,free motion quilt foot , the large flat bed for quilting.
I just got this machine and so far, I really love it. I have been sewing/quilting on a 45 year old Universal which was the top of the line Japanese made. I am 70 years old and I needed something lighter in weight. I read somewhere that you can't use inexpensive thread on this machine. However, I also have my husband's mother's treadle singer machine and while we were looking at it, I found several spools of thread in the drawers that have to be nearly 45-50 years old. So I thought I would try some of that thread on my CS6000i and whohoo, it worked like a charm. Stitches are perfect and it runs so quiet sompared to the 45 year old Universal. Now, I don't recommend using old thread but I was just curious to see if it would work on the CS6000i. Of course I am not going to get rid of my Universal and I am hoping to get the Singer Treadle cleaned up and tuned up so I can use it. I think that would be kind of fun.