View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Ditter43

I didn't sleep well last night....That's nothing new but I usually am able to sleep in and so I don't feel too bad. I was all snuggled down in my bed this morning when I heard a familiar voice, "Grandma?"I raised my head up to see my 5 yo DGD in my bedroom doorway.
Well so much for catching up on my missed sleep. I dragged myself out of bed and we headed for the kitchen. I was immediately inundated with a constant stream of 5 yo chatter as I tried to smile and fix myself some breakfast. By the time we had finished my toast I was awake and needed to go to the bathroom as is my usual morning routine.
I told her to wait for me there while I went to the bathroom, promising to return in a few minutes. I shut the bathroom door and sat down to try to gather my strength for the day.
About a minute later the door opened..."You don't want to come in here" I tell her.
"Grandma",she says in an impatient tone, "what's taking you so long? I'm waiting for you" And again about a minute later "aren't you done yet?"
Well that's how my day went, having a 5yo wanting to play with me all day long. As soon as I got into the five year old mode, it got a lot easier. I wish I could remember all the little gems I heard today. One of the last ones I remember was when she was laughing so hard during a game we were playing and said "I crack myself up!"
Needless to say it was fun being 5 again but now the party is over and the old lady who usually lives in my body has returned. She is reminding me I am not a kid anymore......... :lol: What a day!!!!