View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Blackberry

Originally Posted by renee765
I have made several quilts on this machine and absolutely love it! I did take it to a quilting class once and was made to feel like the kid from the wrong side of the tracks because it wasn't a Bernina or a Janome, but honestly, my quilt looked just as good as the others and I like the feel of it as I'm sewing. I didn't know I would like so many of the features that I now couldn't live without, like the needle-down feature, the on/off sewing and backstitch buttons with the speed control - who knew you could sew without a foot pedal? I didn't know if I would like that, but now I can't imagine going back to the foot pedal. My verdict? Love it!
Was there a problem getting the quilt into the small neck. I am going to be making a full size quilt for my niece to give to the people in Tanzania S.Africa where she is serving as a Baptist Missionary and it seems like from looking at the machine that the neck area is rather small. I have never made any size of quilt except the lap throws that I have been making and giving to the Nursing Home for their patients.