Thread: How Many...
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 04:52 AM
Blackberry

Originally Posted by Bmanmommy
Sewing machines do you have that you regularly use? Since I am starting this major sewing room clean out (from my other post), it got me thinking, how many sewing machine should I keep. I hope to have a more dedicated sewing room in our next house but who knows how long that it could take to sell our place or where we are going to end up.

I currently have 3 and have access to 2 more if I have to take mine in for service. I am seriously contemplating getting rid of at least 1 of them, maybe both the extras. I never use either of them and they just sit and collect dust. Neither of them are anything special, just basic machines and then I have my piecing machine that I do use regularly...it isn't going anywhere.

So I ask, how many machines do you have that you regularly use and how many do you have that are dust catchers?
I have a 45 year old top of the line Japanese Universal that I have been using every day to make American Girl Doll clothes for my grandaughter. I just purchased the Brother CS6000i from Amazon for $147.54 that has quilting attachments with the machine that I will begin using for quilting. Then I have a very old Singer Red Eye Treadle machine that came from my DH's mother. We are going to restore it and I am anxious to see if I can run a treadle machine.