View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 05:46 AM
montanablu

Originally Posted by Marilu-Mi
Hi, Yes I think quilter husbands are great people! One time when we were on a trip I wanted to go to a quilt store, I saw in the Travlers Companions Quilters book ( never travel without it). Well it was in Ky. near the Indiana boarder. Well it missed it and found ourselves in Indiana. So my husband suggested that we stay over night and go by and find the shop which we did. The shop, which I can't remember the name, was set up for spouses too. There was a separate area that had an over stuffed couch, a table and chairs, television, coffee and lots of newspapers, etc. It was wonderful.
Mine did that for me once (actually more than once, but for this story...) We drove off the interstate nearly 18 mi, then all around an average sized city, finally found the street --- no shop! Not even a neighbor store to ask about it. Finally got thru on the phone (# had been busy for 20+min) & got a recording that the shop had closed!! :-( GRR-RRRRRR!!!!!! The best part, was DH didn't complain anymore than I did! LOL We're always a little leary now when the shop is in QTC too far off our route. Now we call first just to make sure! :thumbup: