View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
Your fabrics are beautiful! You have a great eye for fabric and colors. I know that new fabric is very expensive in the UK and you did not let that stop you. I do the same thing here and have been able to find some things. Here in the US we have Garage Sales and Yard Sales. No, were not selling our garages or our yards, LOL! People sell things they no longer need and put up signs on street corners and advertise in local papers and on the internet and display them in their garage or yard. I have found an amazing amount of quilting related items for very little money. If you have those types of sales in the UK I recommend you try them. I admire you for your perseverance.
We have a similar thing called 'car boot sales', basically a local car park will let you park up, for a £10 fee, and you sell your unwanted 'stuff', I just wish that patchwork and quilting were popular here...but it's not, so NEVER find fabric at all boo hoo!! Clothing is generally cheaper than the charity shops, I always head for the people with bags of baby clothes, as I love all the pretty/bright kids fabrics. John is fit enough to drive at the moment so we have just bought a car, so I intend to make it a weekend pastime searching out all the boot sales in the vicinity!!

:D