View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Rosyhf

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I've just started "longarming" and these hints are wonderful! I think I'll get the zippered leaders! wow!

MY hint -- actually not mine, saw it somewhere on a video in "internet world". With the backing so big, it's hard for me to iron and make it look right. So I run an iron along the main crease - the one that's so hard to get rid of, spray the backing lightly with sizing, then I lay the huge backing out over the frame work. I spray it like mad with plain water....dang near get it dripping wet. I walk away for 2 hours and come back....the wrinkles are darn near gone! I then pin it on and roll it up. Works like a charm - no major ironing!
Oh dear lol. Honey, I do not iron hahahhaha....when the quilt comes to me....all threads are clipped the backing is 3 inches bigger than the quilt all around and both the backing and top are pressed or ironed. I have a sheet of do's and don't's and advice of how to finish or prepare your quilt for the quilter (Some beginners need helpwith that). that I hand out. the quilt is quilted the way it is received.