View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 02:22 PM
freezeframe03

I find all the abreviating quite annoying. Are we all turning into teenage texters? I will use abreviations rarely only to feel more in tune with everyone else on the board....how silly is that?! When I read a post and don't know what the abreviation means, I don't go looking for a translation, I look at it as though the poster doesn't really care if I know what they are saying or not. I feel if someone really wants me to know and understand what they are talking about, they will type it clearly without abbreviations. For the most part I do not abreviate. I also do not put the "Dear" or "Darling" whoever. If I'm talking about my daughter I will refer to her as my daughter not my DD (that used to be a designated driver). Both of these have turned into kind of pet peeves with me, so sorry for the ranting but I do actually feel much better having voiced my opinion on the topics.

Luckily on these boards those of us who love these abreviations are free to use them and those of us who don't are free not to use them. What a great place.