Old 09-10-2010, 02:57 PM
SoFlaGramma6

Hello Sunshine - from the Sunshine State! It's hot here and rainy, too. Must say you have inspired sew many of us. Being organized is the most economical thing we can do for ourselves and enables us to save more money for other things we need as well as saving time now that we don't have to search everywhere.

Prior to seeing your tutorial I had done something similar with flat plastic pieces that were 9x12 but only had 25 and they didn't work for fabric so I used them for lace.

Since I've had to move so often these past couple of years (and may need to move again in a couple of months) I'm going to keep my fabric in the bins for now. Hopefully at my next move I'll be able to set up and get organized properly.

One other thought to share; if you're wrapping FQ's and small pieces on the smaller size, they would fit beautifully in a media storage unit. That's the shelves built to hold CD's/DVD's. I have 2 that my DD wanted to get rid of. Sorry dear, I'm keeping them.

Hope you are feeling better after a bout of Pneumonia and can get back to sewing in a healthy state. Best of luck on finishing your room and how wonderful to have such an awesome hubby to be so supportive of you and your craft.

One more thing for up and coming seamstresses: If you want your hubby to support you and let you have all you want in fabrics, etc. - Make HIM something. Anything! Just make sure it's something he WILL appreciate. Once I did that, mine supported me all the way. He lost is bout with cancer this year but he helped me by letting me have the space he could have used for a home office. Just thought I'd share an incentive.

Can't wait to unpack a ton of fabric and get an organized sewing/quilting/craft area. Enjoy!