Old 09-10-2010, 04:38 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh gosh Kathy...that is beautiful! I see that you did the ATW color scheme. So, are you going to add the triangles to it or finish it as is? Its wonderful!...Thanks for the inspiration to keep me going on mine!
I'm plugging along on the triangles. Have the left side done and am on #9 of the top row. All are drawn (traced) on freezer paper. Half are either pieced or ready for piecing. The other half & the corners are waiting for me to cut apart, iron and draw around.

Yes, I am doing the ATW setting, but somewhere I read that there were purple squares in the original. I didn't pick up on that. I also changed the pink into blue, I think. 13 years ago is a while back. ☺ I am not sticking to the color plan exactly for the triangles as I don't have that many browns and want more color out there. The corners are going to be blue with the one gold corner. Don't have any suitable pinks for them. I have branched out into more vibrant colors in my 60s.

I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow morning when the sun us really up. This morning's pic was taken just after sunrise and the color is rather muddy. Too many blocks have lost their definition.