View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 08:58 PM
BARES

I checked out Stitchlab.com and came up with STITCHLAB.BIZ I think it is the same place.

Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by danade
I think Lori S. is right on with her advice. It depends on what's available where you live or nearby, of course. You can get way more for your money if you go to a dealer's store that sells higher-end machines like Bernina, and see what machines they have that have been traded in. I've bought three machines this way and they've all been checked out by the service people at the stores and repaired as needed. No issues with them at all, and one of them I still have after ten years. I gave another to a friend for her birthday and another to my daughter--no problems with those either.

Whatever you do, don't buy a machine off eBay. Lots of potential for problems that way.

Here's a website for a store here in Austin that has a list of recommended (and not!) machines: stitchlab.com.

My sewing machine repair person, dear Mr. Ruiz, says that the older metal mechanical machines are the best and in fact that's all he will work on.

Good luck! I'd love to know what you choose!