View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
Originally Posted by Candace
I just got my newsletter from my local dealer who's carried the full line of Viking, Janome, Bernina, Babylock and Pfaff for MANY years. In it, I was very suprised to see that the company that now owns both Viking and Pfaff (SVP Worldwide) basically dropped my dealership without warning and my dealership won't be selling these machines anymore!

Has anyone else had local dealerships be dropped by Viking and Pfaff? I wonder if we're going to start seeing them for sale at big, box stores? I know Viking is sold at many Joanne's...maybe Pfaff will start being sold there as well?

My dealership wasn't dropped for lack of sales or customer support a they've got a very good reputation and several stores locally. It seems like Pfaff and Viking are changing their focus away from sewing machine dealerships. It was sad news to hear they were being built in China now and that the new machines weren't up to past standards. But, it's even sadder to hear this latest news.
Candace....we must have gotten the same mailer...the one about the 52nd Anniversary Sale. I posted on it yesterday. I am planning on hitting the sale, though.
Yes, we're talking about the same dealership. What I'm wondering, is my LQS is a Viking only dealership. I wonder where this turn of business scope will leave them? I had wondered how they competed with the Viking sales at our local Joannes. But, it's very possible SVP has janked their Viking contract and they'll have to become dealers for another brand! I'll have to pop by my LQS and see what's up.