Old 09-11-2010, 09:03 AM
CAROLJ

My neighbor is trying to lose weight and she saw me cycling the other day so we went out today and rode about a mile. She wants to get started because of all the weight I have lost (gleeful smile.)

It sure made me feel good to have someone notice I have lost weight. It doesn't seem like it to me. I know I have gone down, but it doesn't seem like much when I look at how much weight I need to lose. I keep it to a monthly goal, which I haven't meet yet, but at least I can visualize what I need to do. A weekly weight loss goal is to short a span for me. It depresses me to get on the scale and only see I have lost a pound or two, or worse yet gained three!

I weight almost daily, it's the sadist in me, but I am trying to look at the long term. As of today I am down 35 pounds and I have 40 to go. When I reach that goal, I will look at losing another 25. If I don't that's OK, I'll be heavier than I should weigh, but at least I will be healthier than when I started this journey.

In addition, I hope I have learned eating habits and a exercise routine that I can live with. Once I hit the 75 pounds, I plan on enacting a maintenance program. I will cut back on exercising to 3 or 4 times a week, and slowly add food back into my diet, to increase my calories.