Old 09-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by jenna p in ga
Ugh, bad sewing day!!! The tension is messed up on my Brother (newer electric) and no matter what I try I can not get it right. So, I head to the treadle...it pushes the top fabric so much that it ends up off by 1/4" or more at the end of the seam, and the same w/the hand crank! I am working on a dress and am now so frustrated I have stopped sewing for the day.

Those of you that use your treadles often, how do you keep the top fabric from getting pushed so much? I am not talking about multiple layers, just two. I have tried adjusting the presser foot pressure and see no change, except if it is too loose the fabric does not move at all! And pinning, but the fabric pushes to the pin then will fold over if I don't remove the pin. (hope that made sense)

I guess some days are just not meant for sewing. And, now my Brother is going to have to get serviced or something to get the tension corrected...that is frustrating enough since it should be a simple fix!!!

I feel better having vented a bit :).

Thanks,
Jenna
Silly question, with the presserfoot down is it lined up with the feed dogs or is it cocked a little to the side? Like it is wanting to go one way and the feed dogs are going straight.

If that it the case you will have to loosen the grub screw and realign the presserfoot.

But it does seem weird that it is doing it on both the hand crank and the treadle. Makes me think the fabric could be the culprit.

Billy