View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Elliotsgreatgrandma

Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by vanessa
Since we are on the subject of husbands....

What do you ladies do (or gentleman do) when your spouse wants your attention and has nothing to do with themself? Mine does not have a hobby at all and wants my attention and that keeps me from quilting when I want to. I try to plan days just for us to do things together but he still wants my attention constantly.
Go buy him a new pair of jeans. Tell them they're his Big Boy Britches and he's to wear them every time you need to work on your quilting. Also explain that when he puts them on he'll feel empowered to do something for himself--by himself. Either that or teach him to quilt. :lol: :lol: And trust me, it could be worse. Mine is so insecure that he lashes out all the time with negative comments. Even though I know he doesn't really mean them they still hurt. I've been working so hard on making his grandson and great grandaughters quilts for Christmas and the other day he said that everything I make looks like s_ _ _! I know he didn't mean it but it still cut to the bone.
Raptureready, I have been admiring the quilt in your avatar and wishing that I had the pattern and I would make me one with the exasct same colors. You do beautiful work and remind him that people in heaven will not talk like that. God bless you for your patience. Gail