View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 12:56 PM
dabbler312

I sewed easy tops back when I was in middle school and had my first Home Ec class; my mom had a beautiful Singer sewing machine in a cabinet she never used and I received permission to sew on it after I had my class at school; from that class a desire to sew began; as I became a teenager I lost interest as there were more fun and exciting things to do at the time; forward twenty years and my fella gave me a simple Singer sewing machine for christmas; I knew then and there I wanted to make a quilt but didn't have a clue where to start; I purchased all the fabric that I would need and then some; still not a clue how to start quilting; then I met Betty - she was a very sick sister to a friend of mine and a quilter; her advice to me was not wait until some day when you're retired or when you can find the time because that time may never come and that if I really wanted to learn the local quilt shop in the next town had quilting classes and I could learn from them; Betty was terminally ill and her words very powerful to me; I took my first class almost three years ago and have been hooked ever since. I have many unfinished quilt tops since that first class and many orphan blocks that need to be put into a quilt.

I enjoy gardening, cooking, camping and family time.

I look forward to reading your posts and getting advice, learning new techniques from you and even making a few friends along the way.

Thread is what keeps us all together.

Kristine

My First Quilt - Lucky Stars
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70468[/ATTACH]

layout for Tanya and Christopher's quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70642[/ATTACH]

Crazy Curves
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70646[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70463.jpe   attachment-70637.jpe   attachment-70641.jpe