View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 08:16 PM
deema

Yay for progress!! I got my first quilt quilted! I suppose you'd call this loose quilting? It's 10" squares, the outer border is 5", for a total of 50"x70". I figured it should be ok with the 10" spacing because I used fleece for batting...right? It's not too late to add more if I need to...but I kind of like how it is.

It's definitely not without flaws (LOTS!), and I haven't hidden my loose threads yet...so don't look too close, kay? ;) My proudest moment so far has been when I finished quilting and trimming the edges and folded it up to wait for binding...and all four corners matched up perfectly!!!

I haven't decided on my binding yet, though. In the picture you see the fabrics I'm choosing between. I have enough of either of them to do it. Before I bought my backing, I'd planned on using the turquoise, but stupid me, I forgot to bring the barbie blanket (I made for DD with scraps that has all four of my fabrics in it) to match the colour. It's almost a dead ringer for the green in the small flower print, but I was going for the brighter lime green originally. Anyway, now it seems brown binding would look better, as far as the backing goes, but I think it would give the border a nice pop on the front...so I can't choose. For what it's worth, this isn't intended to be reversible... Thoughts?

Ok...here's the picture.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-78209.jpe