View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 08:46 PM
RST

This quilt was pieced by the ladies of my Bible study as a shower gift for our assistant pastor & wife who are expecting their first baby. It's a great choice of design for a group of beginner quilters, as there are no points to match, it's very forgiving of inaccurate seams, and yet there is enough going on in terms of arranging the blocks in a pleasing blend that it was still engaging.

I just finished the free motion quilting on this one today. I pretty much matched the thread to the block colors -- there's already so much color going on, I didn't want to compete with that. But to keep myself entertained, I switched the style or motif of the quilting in each color category. Yellows have a stylized sun, red has swirly hearts, green is a long wavy topographical map markings, blue is regular meandering, purple is swirling wind flurries.

The back is pieced, as we didn't have enough backing material for the original plan. I actually like the back better than the front, but that's probably because I'm rather burned out on batiks about now.

And now I hand it off to the woman who's doing the binding and label. Baby shower in 2 weeks.

RST

Brighter than Average Baby Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79013[/ATTACH]

and here's the back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79014[/ATTACH]

quilting detail
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79015[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79008.jpe   attachment-79009.jpe   attachment-79010.jpe