Old 09-12-2010, 07:21 AM
lholdren

No dongle required - Artlink 6.0 was released earlier this year from Bernina and is a free download from their web site. Google "Artlink 6" and go to the Bernina usa web site. Click on the Artlink 6 link, then there should be a download button on the right of the screen. Download the zip file and unzip/install on your laptop or computer that you will be using with your machine.

This is a giant leap forward because it does not require the dongle that was originally supplied with the embroidery module, in order to send embroidery designs to the Aurora or Artista machines. As purchased, the Aurora embroidery module comes with a "Lite" version of their embroidery software which allows you to connect the machine to your computer, and that the blue dongle be attached to your computer. That is NOT the case when using Artlink 6.0 - you don't need a dongle.

I have an Artista QE440 and tested it out just using the new Artlink software and it worked great, on a Windows XP computer. I also used it with an older Artista 730 - no issues with either machine. If not for this new release I would not have been able to have sold my older machine with it's embroidery module because the older version of Artlink that came with it was not compatible with newer computers.