Old 09-12-2010, 01:13 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

Elle,

Thanks for the info. You'd think being married to a PhD in Computer Science, I'd be smarter than I am when it comes to computers, but for 40 years, I've let him be the expert! ☺

I'll have my camera, but it might be better if I take the shots at home. All of us who are doing our Baby Janes wouldn't have an even tiny bit of trouble doing a Mariner's Compass - the pieces would be giant-sized compared to what we're working with now.

I'm taking a break and cutting out the corners. I have one row of triangles to cut out, iron to freezer paper and draw around and then the last of the triangles are ready to piece - by hand. I am planning on doing Sylvia's Bridal Sampler after this one, and will probably hand piece & applique it, too. I am really enjoying the hand work for a change. So many projects we do are completed so quickly; finish one, then on to another. I just hope it won't take me another 13 years to complete.

I am going to do it in batiks. I ordered some from Connecting Threads after seeing them up close & personal at quilt guild Thursday evening. The quality is top notch and they have that wonderful, silky batik hand to them. I was worried that because they are so very inexpensive that they would not be like the other batiks, but I was thrilled. Will have to get them a little at a time, but since I'm still working on my Baby, it will be a while before I'm ready to work on a new project.

Have a wonderful coming week.

Kathy