View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Swan Song

I did not spend a lot of money and I told myself I was only buying fabrics I needed to finish WIPs or to start planned projects. Did I succeed...hmm...kind of :wink: At each shop we got a fat quarter and a block pattern, you received the finishing setting at the last shop. I was trying to limit myself to black and white FQs for a french braid table runner but not every shop had black and white FQs so I picked up some to work into other things. :thumbup:

Missouri Star Quilt Co. did a tute on a circle quilt and I happened to see good deals on the ruler and cutter so...Not on my list but will end up being a future project. :wink:

The Bali pops and the crazy quilt pattern were a gift from my hop partner since I am making a Bow Tucks bag for her DD.
The Barbed wire fabric will be a du rag for my DH (new project). The Alice in Wonderland fabric is for another Bow Tucks bag for my DD (new project). The cream batik is the background fabric for a BQ2 and the other is a future project. :oops: I just liked it and it was on sale. :thumbup:
The rest are for WIPs or planned things I was missing a fabric for. The Bag pattern is made with FQs, repurposed shirts or 2 yds of fabric and a couple 9 inch quilt blocks. AH! a project for orphan blocks!!! :thumbup: If I had seen it before the 2nd to last shop my FQ selection might have been different. :wink: Oh well I do have a bunch of FQs and orphan blocks. :-)

Not the most exciting group of fabrics but OH! what they will become! :lol: Oh I should add that I have never been a big batik fan but some of the quilts here have inspired me so I am going to give them a whirl. :wink:

patterns
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91526[/ATTACH]

Free FQs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91600[/ATTACH]

Batiks and tools
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91625[/ATTACH]

Misc. fabric yardage
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91666[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-91521.jpe   attachment-91595.jpe   attachment-91620.jpe   attachment-91661.jpe