View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Happy Tails

Originally Posted by wildyard
It's tricky to line your plaids up in stars, but other than that, I'd say go for it. You can mix the backgrounds using lighter blues, greens and cream for a scrapier look, but the dark blue is so close in color to so many of the plaids, I think I would use it for sashing. Perhaps you could alternate a star with a solid block of plaid with just sashing around it? or perhaps a solid color star with plaid background alternating with the plaid star. I think I would like that one myself. Then using the dark blue sashing and a same width dark blue border, then a piano key plaid border with solids mixed in, then a wider dark blue border or perhaps a red one.
hmmmmmm u sure got me thinking... what if i try to do Ditters string quilt, but use wider strips and use plaid blocks on the back, then maybe applique stars on maybe every second block, only problem is, I would need to buy light plaids, or could I use just different fabrics other than plaids for the other side? Am I confusing everybody as much as I'm confused???