View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 07:48 PM
aneternalpoet

As I see your room, I thought, " thats about all my little ole' heart can handle" in wondering how I would ever want to leave that quilting room.. I dont even want to share photos of my little space, or the fabric stash I have - it makes me feel pretty sorrowful, because I see such beautfiful fabric in your stash, Eddy. But, I am not ashamed of what i do have, and I love to think my quilt projects for the pregnancy center are seen as beautiful, too. So here is the little bit I do have..
Photo 1 - old quilt magazines I found at an estate sale, mingled with a few quilt books, scrapbooking books, and my old " first love, Counted Cross stitching magazines. I can't do that hobby any more, but I can quilt my nose if I get to close to the needle!

Photo 2 is my shelf with what fabric I do have.. the purple container at the bottom of the shelf holds my scraps that become a work of art ( at least thats what I think anyway ).. To the right of the shelves, hold the quilt tops I have yet to hand tie ( can't afford to have them machine quilted , so I do the work with yarn and needle, haha ).. The basket holds threads, patterns I have printed out and stored in a notebook there..
Photo 3 - my best friend on difficult days where I need therapy to not cave into depression.. I love my simple sewing machine from Walmart..
Not much to show, but its where I find the greatest enjoyment when homebound on oxygen , or after healing from my heart surgeries. Thanks, Eddy , for getting me out of my rut tonight, and sharing what I do have, knowing others might not even have this much to show..
Attached Thumbnails attachment-95476.jpe   attachment-95477.jpe   attachment-95478.jpe