Old 08-14-2008, 06:09 AM
mommaB

I live in the city and have a choice of 2 Joann ETC. One has a much better fabric section than the other (of course its the one farther from my home!! but close to work..oh for the 1 hr workday and 8 hr lunch!!) They seem to have tons of other craft stuff. The selection of fabric you might use for clothing seems to be smaller, there's lots of fleece, patterns, sewing machiines, classes home dec stuff. Sign up for their "preferred customer" list online..they occassionally send 40-50% off coupons :D :D makes that $75 worth of fleece not quite so bad.

Wally world still has fabric, but they say its going to go. I have a hard time getting any service there, although I do get fabric there once in a while. I hate going there due to traffic, and really, really, really crappy service (the last time I left melted ice cream on one of the many unattended checkout belts after 35 minutes in line.) There are never more than 5 of the 25 or more checkouts open.

I really miss the old Hancock Fabrics that used to be just down the street, the nearest one is about 90 miles away now. Many LQS, but pricey, still I go because the service and classes are great!! Online shops are great (I had an amazingly good experience with Aunt Bea's the other week), but I'm a touchy feely kind of fabric shopper 8) 8) Online shopping seems to take away some of the thrill!! What's a fabriholic to do????