View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 06:38 AM
MNM

Originally Posted by mizmarymac
OMG, I was telling a co-worker the other day about the tops I need to finish. I have five tops. I like the sewing and creating the quilt tops. I don't look forward to the machine quilting. It maybe because my sewing machine is nict but just a regular sewing machine and having to handle all that fabric at one time seems overwhelming. But I'm starting to tackle one this afternoon. I need to have these finshed to take home to Il next month.
MIZMARYMAC I felt the same and sent most of my tops out to be quilted. Can't afford it anymore so had to learn to FMQ. I did not like it at first but after awhile really got into it. Don't make the same mistake I did I started getting to close with my stitiching and the quilt got a little hard. Keep you pattern LARGE and besides it goes faster that way. Will show a pictute of my first one, if you promise not to laugh, just as soon as my friend comes over with her camera. My Chiropractor says relax and keep your shoulder loose. She is a quilter too, I got her started and she has passed me by. She quilts all her own quilts even her King size. Relax and enjoy and get those tops done. MNM