View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 08:42 AM
DebinNY

Gender Equality... Too funny!!!!

Originally Posted by QBeth
I like to think of myself as multi-hobbied, not multi-talented. While working with a table saw, I accidentally (of course), put my thumb got too close to the blade and I ended up with a slice. Not a long slice, about 1", but those blades are not rotary cutters; i.e., in comparison, they're very thick so I had more of a Grand Canyon of a cut.

It happened so fast, at first all I felt was heat, then the blood started. _:-(_ Grabbed a rag, tied it around my thumb, and drove myself one-handed to the hospital ER. (Did I mention I'm very independent?)

Found out that bleeding people are attended to immediately. Long story short, the word got around the ER staff that a woman had cut off her thumb with a chain saw. Huh? Oh well.

Funny thing... as I was being stitched up (why bother with the novocaine? I bet those shots hurt worse than the stitches!), I found out that the patient in the cubicle next to me, a man, had cut his hand on a broken drinking glass while doing the dishes. Talk about gender equality! _:-)_