View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 08:46 AM
aneternalpoet

Gwyn,

I saw a tutorial on how to fold fabric, that makes it look like it lays neater, and flatter on my shelves.. You use your rulers for quilting to pull taut the fabric pieces you want to have folded.. I wish I knew where the tutorial was, but I am sure, since it was a You Tube sort of thing, you could type in a search on how to fold fabric .. it was simple, kind of brainless ( which I need ), but my shelves with the fabrics I have, stay neater with less bulk.. As for thread and scrappy stuff on the floor... I keep a large plastic tote thing ( the kind that you can store stuff in ) under my sewing table, which is actually an old office desk from a company I used to work for.. I bought it for $10 years ago as we were getting new office stuff.. It has one large drawer, and one smallish drawer on one side, and 3 other drawers on the other.. I place a basket in the large file drawer to catch my ends that I can still use for scrappy quilt projects.. the drawers, I keep my cutting stuff, and needles, and so forth..
The first photo is showing my fabic I have to work with, and the purple bin on the bottom of the bookshelf holds some of my batting scraps I use when making string quilts.. its got a removable inner top, which I hold my other scraps leftover .. All neat and contained, because someitmes on owygen here, I trip over the cord, and need things picked up, and in thier rightful places. ( sorry long winded here :roll:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-96673.jpe   attachment-96674.jpe