View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 10:48 AM
garysgal

[quote=Slow2Sew]
Originally Posted by vanessa
Since we are on the subject of husbands....

What do you ladies do (or gentleman do) when your spouse wants your attention and has nothing to do with themself? Mine does not have a hobby at all and wants my attention and that keeps me from quilting when I want to. I try to plan days just for us to do things together but he still wants my attention constantly.
Does he have a good friend that he could schedule some time with or get together with ? Maybe you could encourage him to spend time with his friend(s) or even start a hobby with him that he could continue with on his own. Maybe he has something that he has always wanted to do that you could encourage him to try. If all else fails, you could sit him down and gently explain to him that you love him, but it isn't healthy to be together constantly, and you need some time to sew/quilt/whatever by yourself. If you are both in the house, but doing seperate things, then you could meet for lunch or take a break together. My husband and I do that on the week-ends when he is home and in the workshop and I am downstairs sewing. It's fun-kind of like dating again!!