View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 01:35 PM
dublb

I think that my husband is the best.(I'm sure each of you would argue & say your's is the best.)

5 yrs. ago my husbands L5 disk went out & he was in a lot of pain. He could not sit or lay on his back. He could only lay on his stomach or stand. After much theripy & the pain was retreating he wanted to be productive. He figured that he could cook while standing. He now cooks all of our meals.

21/2 yrs ago as DFL was dying & DML'S Alzheimers took hold I began spending a lot of time taking care of them. (By Feb. 09 I was spending 10-12 hours a day with them.) My Wonderful DH just picked up the slack. He did the laundry, went Gro. shopping,& made sure all of DS's school things were taken care of.(DS cleans the kitchen & bathroom.)In March of 09 I lost my DFL & DF. (DF was only sick 2 weeks) & in June we found a great assisted living facility for my DML.

DH still does all the cooking & gro shopping. DS still cleans kitchen & bath.(Now he's 17 & I don't even have to take him anywhere any more!) I do laundry & hire someone to clean the rest of the house. This gives me more time to quilt. Pretty good for a stay at home Mom.

DH is always supportive of any Quilting that I do. He gets a kick out of how excited I get about colors; designs; gadgets; fabrics & sewing machines.

So... I think he's the BEST! :-D