Old 09-13-2010, 06:52 PM
trisha

Okay, so I have been procrastinating for the last couple of week, reading this board inside and out. Finally...today I worked up enough courage to cut the fabric....cut the first strip into triangles,,,,,started sewing and realized after the second hexagon I was using the wrong triangle. It was not a 60 degree. Oh My!!!! Soon as my husband got home, ran to JoAnns and it took me and 2 salespeople to finally find the right one. We were actually sitting on the floor going through all the triangles trying to find the right one....Lo and behold...20 minutes later up popped a F&P triangle that actually said 60 degrees....Used my 40% coupon, paid and ran home with it....Well,,,,after all that "running" I was too tired to do anything with it!!! LOL
But...tomorrow first thing I will start using it. Only wasted 8 blocks of fabric...but at least I got an idea of how they are going to look...and I am hooked!!!!
Thanks Cutie for all the great posts and instructions, and all the time you took explaining everything so that it made it much easier for me than if I had only the basic directions....
And now my question??? How did you all end up quilting your OBW??? Would love to see pictures of your finished projects, because most of the pics on here were of in progress quilts.
Thanks all,,for all the help you didn't even know you were giving.